When you enter the classroom, you will be shown camera and microphone options, and will be prompted to complete a video and audio test.
- Whiteboard tools, which are on the left side of the whiteboard, underneath the Tutorfair logo
- Classroom tools, which are on the top right of the whiteboard, next to the video
- Teacher tools, which are on the right hand side of the whiteboard, underneath the video, under the “Attendee list"
These are the tools listed on the left-hand side of the classroom, underneath the Tutorfair logo. These are (in order from top to bottom):
- Pointer 1 - this will show up on the whiteboard as your mouse
- Paintbrush - this will allow you to draw on the whiteboard. You can change it to a “highlighter” format too
- Line tool - draw straight lines on the whiteboard
- Shapes tool - draw shapes onto the whiteboard
- Eraser - erase things that you’ve drawn on the whiteboard
- Text - create a text box which you can type in
- LaTeX equation editor - create and display complex LaTeX mathematical equations inside the whiteboard
- Wolfram Alpha - a knowledge engine which gives you access to facts and data and calculates answers across a range of topics
- Clear all - clears the whiteboard
- Settings - allows you to change your language settings, and exit the classroom and return to the main site
- Report an issue - if there are any issues with the software, you can report this to the developers here
These are the features located on the top-right of the classroom, next to the video screen. You can hover over these icons to find out what they are.
These are (in order L-R):
- Screenshare: share your screen with your student! You will need to install the screensharing tool as an Add-on - you can find instructions here.
- Breakroom: this is designed for longer class sessions. Your student can enter the “Breakroom” if you would like to pause the session without leaving the classroom
- Poll: ask a question using the poll, and all other users in the classroom can vote on an answer!
- Image uploader: upload images, photos or PDFs that will be uploaded onto the classroom’s whiteboard space
- Video: upload a video from your computer, or embed a Youtube URL to share/watch a video in the classroom
- Document uploader: upload word documents, powerpoints, spreadsheets - these will be uploaded onto the classroom’s whiteboard space, and using the whiteboard tools you can draw on the document
- Full-screen: make the classroom full-screen
- Mute microphone
- Turn off camera
- Settings: check your video, audio and connectivity settings
- Leave room: exit the classroom
You will be able to save a screenshot of the work you have done on the whiteboard by right-clicking the area of the whiteboard you would like to save.
These are the features listed below the video screen to the right of the classroom. Tutors can disable these features for students by clicking on the icons - disabled features will have a diagonal strike through them.
The icons are (in order L-R):
- Whiteboard features
- Classroom tools
- Video camera on
- Audio microphone on
Please note that by default, all tools except for video and audio are disabled for students at the start of the classroom, which tutors can enable when necessary.